Friday, May 17, 2024

Watch me, Daddy!

 

Daddy, I’ve been feeling “less than” again. Like I used to be, striving to do better than anyone else, chip on my shoulder. Not feeling accepted, like I have to strive for acceptance and be someone I’m not.


But you keep telling me that you love me right now, where I am, who I am. I hear you saying the words of a song: “You don’t have to change a thing. Just be here with me…”


“Rest in who you are because I love you for who you are. I’m not done yet, but I love you throughout the process, from glory to glory.”


Psalm 37:23 “The steps of the God-pursuing ones follow firmly in the footsteps of the Lord, and God delights in every step they take to follow him.”


Can you hear him cheering, like an unabashed daddy watching his daughter take her first wobbly steps?

You’d think I just ran a marathon, not stumbled across the living room.


“Watch me, Daddy!”


Grinning, he reminds me, “I delight in every step you take towards me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment