Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Welcome Home!

 

“Loving me empowers you to obey my word.” John 14:23

That’s great!  If I’m struggling to follow you, I just need to snuggle up to you and let your love empower me.

But that’s not all!  “And my Father will love you so deeply that we will come to you and make you our dwelling place.”

Me, your home?!?  You want to move in, not just visit on my good days? The God of the Universe comes into my living room, kicks off his shoes and sits with me in my recliner. And lets me know he’s not going anywhere.  And Jesus, too:  “We will come…”

But what about Holy Spirit?  Will Holy Spirit come, too?

Oh yes.  “But when the Father sends the Spirit of Holiness, the One like me who sets you free, he will teach you….and inspire you to remember every word I’ve told you.”

Only one thing I can say, “Welcome home!”

1 comment:

  1. Lol! Yes! I have a friend who, when she counciled others left a rocking chair empty and would see Jesus sitting there, listening in on the conversation. She used to say she could see him rocking, with his sandle dangling off the tip of his toe.

    ReplyDelete