Saturday, July 2, 2011

Within the grace period…


Got too busy spending money this month before Christmas, and neglected to pay the bills!  Hate when I do that, especially when I get socked with a late payment charge on top of the credit card balance.  One bill had me concerned since it was my son, Christopher’s life insurance payment.  Since Chris was diagnosed with cancer several years ago I have been quite religious about keeping his life insurance payments up to date.  Even though he is doing well now, he would not be a candidate to reinstate the policy, or get a new one, if we let it lapse.  So I put the payment in the mail, and called the insurance company the next day to let them know the check was coming.  I confessed my spending too much and not paying bills error to the customer service rep at Chris’ life insurance company and she pulled up the account.

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Spaloss,” she told me.  “You are still within the grace period.”

Ahh!!! Still within the grace period….The words warmed my heart.  Not because of Chris’ life insurance policy being in full force, but because I knew they were words also spoken to me on the inside by the Holy Spirit of God. 

Sometimes I run and run and run, but never seem to get accomplished what I wanted.  Never enough, coming up short, running on empty.  But don’t worry, God says.  You are still within the grace period.  You are always, at all times, under my grace, my tender mercies when you fail, and my divine enabling to be who you need to be. 

May grace (God's favor) and peace (which is perfect well-being, all necessary good, all spiritual prosperity, and freedom from fears and agitating passions and moral conflicts) be multiplied to you in [the full, personal, precise, and correct] knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 2 Peter 1: 2 AMP

Let us then fearlessly and confidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace (the throne of God's unmerited favor to us sinners), that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find grace to help in good time for every need [appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when we need it].Hebrews 4: 16 AMP

Ahh!

No comments:

Post a Comment