Friday, April 20, 2012

Directed by His Heartbeat

I find myself, my identity on Daddy’s lap.  Here I climb when I am afraid, when I am lonely, when I am happy.  I snuggle close to my Father God, sometimes looking up into his eyes so I can see who I am reflected there, other times eyes closed, just enjoying his embrace. 

Lately I find myself climbing up into my place on his lap, laying my head on his strong chest and listening to the comforting beat of his heart.  I am learning to allow his heartbeat to direct mine.  From that vantage point I can hear and feel what quickens the heartbeat of God, what delights his heart, what grieves his heart. 

On Thursday nights I climb up on the Father’s lap at the Shore House of Prayer.  I join my siblings in God’s family, Ann Dillon, Chris Spaloss, Jim Spaloss, Pat Newell, Joe Bei and others, on Daddy’s huge lap, all of us with our heads touching, ears pressed against the Father’s broad chest, listening to his heartbeat.  “What are you seeing?  What are you feeling? What are you thinking, Daddy?” we ask.  And we pray, sing and declare with great joy what we hear in that wonderful place of intimacy.

“These I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer.” Isa. 56:7

No comments:

Post a Comment