Sunday, January 8, 2017

DREAM 12-16-2016: VISIT TO HEAVEN?

In my dream last month I was at a funeral home, working to prepare someone for a funeral.  

I must have worked there, because I was so involved in the preparations and stayed with the body all the time.  My friend, Patti was there, too, and we interacted a lot during the process.  There was a funeral bed, and I kept making sure the sheet corners were nicely tucked in.  And the people working with me for the funeral – I kept checking on them, too, making sure their outfits were correct.  The man who went before the body was in a white robe with a belt with tassels and something hanging from the end of the tassels that had to be just right.  Patti and I were scurrying around last minute to make sure he had what he needed to do the job each day.  It was several days of busyness, and then I guess the funeral was over.  Everyone went home.  Patti stayed a bit, and then she left, too.  But I was still there, still tucking the sheets around the corners, tidying up, waiting.

Then I began to realize that the funeral was for me, that the body I had been attending to with Patti was my own.  The funeral was over.  Everyone had gone home.  Still I was there hanging on to this world, my earthly body.  Patti had stayed there with me night and day, talking with me. Then finally she was silent, and she left, like she knew I wasn’t going to be there anymore.  Patti works with the elderly and has birthed several beloved ones through death, and then she lets go, and goes home, and grieves.  Though I was sad when she left me at the funeral home, I knew God told her to go. 

It was a little sad, losing Patti, being all alone, still smoothing sheets, tidying up.  Then I heard someone quietly telling me, “Let it go.  You can go now”.   Was it the man in the white robes?  I don’t know, but I stood there thinking about it, and suddenly realized, “I can go to the Father now!”
 
By now I was half awake in my bed, realizing I was dreaming, but hanging onto the dream to bring it to the end.  I ran out of the funeral home, straight through the closed door – I figured I could do that since Jesus did it after he was resurrected.  Then I shot straight up – yes I was flying – heading to heaven, to my Daddy.  And I heard heaven laughing, saying, “Yup, she just realized she can fly!”  And I flew right into heaven and there was Jesus, waiting for me on top of a hill, wearing the white robe, and I flew right into him and knocked him down and we laughed, and cried, and rolled around on the ground, and hugged, and I kept saying, “This is what I was made for, this is what I was made for!”

Then I remembered the play I had taken part in, years ago.  I think it was called “Heaven’s Gates/Hell’s Flames”.  The play depicted what happens when people die.  There were people who didn’t know Jesus, and they died and went to hell, and there were people who knew or met Jesus, and died, and they walked up the steps to heaven.  When I was auditioning for my part, I so hoped I would get to be one who went to heaven – I so wanted to be enveloped in Jesus’ arms.  And I got my wish.  I played the part of a woman who knew Jesus, and died in a car accident.  After I “died in the accident”, I approached the steps of heaven and Jesus was there at the top of the stairs.  I practically ran up the stairs and he took me in his arms and I held onto him for probably longer than I should have as I imagined in my heart that it was really Jesus, and really heaven and everything I had gone through, car accident in my case, was nothing anymore, just be in Jesus’ arms. 


And now, here I was, not in a play anymore, but really here in heaven.  Really in his arms.  Then Jesus picked me up, just like I was a little girl, and I didn’t need to ask him where he was taking me.  I knew he was carrying me to the Father.  I was going home.  And I am laying in my bed crying by this time, because everything I had ever wanted had been fulfilled.

1 comment: