Monday, January 16, 2017

Come & Play!

Holy Spirit, come and play! Come and play with me!
                Do you want to get wet today?
Not so sure about that… Won’t I get cold and soggy?
                So you’d rather be dry?
Is there a balance, not too wet, not too dry?
                Do you want to play or not?
Ok, have your way. What do you want to play?
                Open your mouth, and I will fill it!
What? Fill it with what? Will I like it? Won’t I choke in that position?
                Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.
OK, here goes.  I’m here and ready, mouth wide open.  Fill me up!
Gushing river coursing down!
Filling my mouth,
Splashing down my cheeks,
Soaking me to the bone,
Clothes and hair dripping with the most exquisite fragrance!
Now what?
                It’s your turn! Go and splash!
                Go and touch, leaving wet handprints of my refreshing goodness on everyone.
                Leave a trail of soggy, glistening footprints for others to find their way to my 
                river of delights.
                And don’t change your clothes. You were made for this.
                You were made to be always wet in my river,
                To leave traces of it everywhere you go,
                To smell like Jesus – the fragrance of spring rain,
                To live in the River,
                To breathe underwater...



1 comment: