Saturday, April 10, 2021

"Woe"

 

“Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who replace darkness with light and light with darkness, who replace bitter with sweet and sweet with bitter.” Isaiah 5:20

I think of legislation allowing murder of the unborn.

Euthanasia.

Marriage redefined.

Drag queen story hour.

How it was ok to malign the President of the US daily on a popular talk show.

Daddy, what do you mean when you say “Woe” to those deceived people?

One day their eyes will be open, and they will realize they are blind and be appalled at what they did, or allowed to be done.

Then you and my Church will need to be there to give them hope, clean garments to replace their hole-filled, blood spattered clothes. The water of the Word to wash their hearts and restore them to relationship with Father God.  It is my job, says Holy Spirit, to open their eyes, and once they see I pass them to Jesus for cleansing in his blood, and then you go take them by the hand and lead them to Daddy.

You can’t do it if you hate anybody.  Let love do its perfect work first in you.

1 Corinthians 12:30:  “And now I will show you a superior way to live that is beyond comparison.”

The love chapter, 1 Corinthians 13:  If I don’t express myself with love, my words are reduced to the hollow sound of nothing.

If I prophesy with great accuracy, foretell the future, reveal hidden secrets, but have never learned to love, then I am nothing.

“Love is large and incredibly patient.  Love is gentle and consistently kind to all.  It refuses to be jealous when blessing comes to someone else…
“Love is a safe place of shelter for it never stops believing the best for others.”

Daddy, how do I love that way?

How do I love my kids that way?

How do I love my city that way?  My nation?

“Woe!” is that cry of agony from the heart of the Father as he sees people not getting it, calling good evil and evil good.  The cry of Jesus as he wept over Jerusalem.  The tears of the prodigal’s Dad as he watched daily for his son to return.  It’s not a cry for judgment or revenge or punishment, but the cry of a grieving Daddy.

Daddy, “break my heart for what breaks yours, everything I am for your Kingdom’s cause.  Show me how to love like you have loved me.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVPYVXITk5w.

Help me to love with open arms like you do, a love that erases all the lies and sees the truth… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y1ROPUdUNU.

No comments:

Post a Comment