Wednesday, May 24, 2023

The Bullfrog Amen

 

Proverbs 3:5-8 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.


I’d memorized the first 2 verses of this scripture verse as a teenager, but now coming it across it again while I was researching scripture promises to pray over my bones, I discovered verses 7 & 8.


My latest bone scan, at 70 years of age, showed decreasing bone density, borderline osteoporosis. My doctor told me I needed to take active steps toward increasing my bone density, or I would be full blown osteoporosis by my next scan. She told me to increase calcium rich foods – that the body absorbs more calcium through foods than with supplements, and to increase my weight bearing exercise. Like walking, she said. Well I already walk a mile and a half nearly every morning before work.


I left the doctor’s office with some other ideas for saving my bones. I decided to research scripture verses to pray over my bones, and to ask a group of my closest friends to pray those verses with me over our bones.


This morning as I walked the Lord reminded me again of Proverbs 3:5-8. “Worry rots the bones”, he told me. “But trusting me in everything nourishes your bones.”


Then he asked, “Are you ready to trust me?”


Repeat after me.”


He was giving me a walking Sozo!


I choose.”


I choose, I repeated.


To trust you.”


To trust you.


Even when I cannot see the path in front of me.”


Even when I cannot see the path in front of me.


Just then I heard the bullfrog sing out in the drainage pond as I walked by.


That was the ‘amen’!”


I smiled and echoed what the bullfrog was croaking, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment